My wife is an original. I have met nobody else like her and I doubt I ever will. So I decided to do a list of things that makes her unique and totally awesome.
- Hayley will try any dance move. We`d be sitting watching tv and somebody would bust a move on MTV. All I would need to say would be "can you do that?" and she would be up in a flash. I`ve seen her do all kinds of moves. Some don`t even have names (and most of them don`t even exist). Her signature move is "the running man". Truth be told, no moves look like the ones on tv but she tries and that makes me love her.
- Hayley considers herself an introvert. Yet, I have never met anybody who talks more than her. She would sometimes talk just to hear her own voice. I shut down sometimes and will just throw in a nod, every few minutes. This is enough to keep her going.
- Hayley loves food more than anybody I know. Last night for instance, she had a whole chocolate egg in her mouth and asked me "why can I not stop eating?". I didn`t have to answer that one.
- Hayley has a heavy foot when it comes to driving. If you see a Hyundai Getz zooming around Somerset West, that`s Hayley. She of course denies it but my wife is the Fernando Alonso of the Western Cape.
- Hayley adores Christmas more than anybody I have ever known. Christmas had been a pretty sad time for me until I met Hayley. I had been far away from my family (My Mom, Sister, the kids and Brother-in-law emigrated to NZ) and I was always depressed on Christmas. Hayley gave me a love for Christmas again and spending Christmas with her family has certainly made it easier for me. I now heart Christmas thanks to Sweetie.
- Hayley sleeps with the light on when I`m not around. Enough said.
- Hayley gets so involved in her tv shows that she is completely oblivious to everything around her, especially me. I can talk and she would not even know it.
- Hayley is the disciplinarian when it comes to the dogs. I cannot bear to see Elvis upset, so it`s up to Hayley to keep the discipline going.
- Hayley will be able to name any animal in the Kruger National Park. She is absolutely brilliant and one of the best spotters I have ever come across. We would spot a buck and she will tell you exactly what kind it is and add a few facts. I am truly in awe of her knowledge of the wild.
- My wife is a clever lady and a tough one to get into an argument with. She should have been a lawyer cos she can argue like nobody I have ever met.
So there you have it, a few reasons why my wife is so awesome and so special to me. A unique person especially designed for me.