Saturday, April 18, 2009

Howdy Campers

Yes, I am still alive and kicking. Been working very hard and the long hours are draining to say the least. So obviously blogging has taken a backseat to real life. Not that blogging isn`t real life but it just seems like a million years ago where I could blog every single day, while doing the dishes and the washing and have time to prepare a wonderfully scrumptious supper. Real life is a very different place.

My day now starts at 05:30 when I get up to shower. I leave the house at about 06:00 and drink my coffee on the way to work. Depending on the traffic I get to work at about 06:50 or so. Then it`s work, work, work. I leave work at 17:30 and get home, once again depending on traffic, at about 18:30. Fortunately I get home to a nice supper every evening. Hayley and I would then watch some tv and by 20:00 we look at each other and nod and then we head to bed. We would then watch some tv in bed till about 20:30 or 21:00 (if we're feeling adventurous) and go to sleep. Then it`s up at 05:30 again and everything starts from scratch.

So as you can see, blogging is not really a possibility right now. I Twitter, mainly because I can do it on my Blackberry anytime during the day.

So that has been my life for the last month or so. It`s good to be back in the swing of things and part of the economy again!

On some other news Hayley and I finally saw the Susan Boyle clip yesterday and lump in the throat stuff that is, no doubt! Definitely reminded my of the Paul Potts clip which I featured on my blog a few months ago.

I have a little funny for you guys and this I found in my own home! Have a look and let me know if it would be your idea of a "housewife`s dream"...

7 comments:

jacki janse van rensburg said...

nice to hear from you! when you were far away in CT i heard from you all the time, but now you live around the corner, and you disappear!

and it is really only a housewife's dream when it is used by a 'dishy' guy, washing the dishes....

Mel said...

Gosh - they hit the nail on the head.I dream day and nite about dishwashing liquid....

Seriously...wot are they thinking.

Shame on you...I wouldnt buy that goop on principle! LOL

Miller said...

Obviously not the housewifes dream in your house as it is still sealed!

Rambler said...

Hey hey... good to hear from you mister! Ah, the joys of Jozi life - traffic in the dark both ways...

And Susan Boyle is amazing... and the phenomenon she's become is even more amazing. The internet can really jump start a career like never before...

David Richardson said...

Glad to hear the latest.

I've missed chatting with you, but I understand life is now busy in your corner of the world.

God bless you, friend!!

Cindy said...

Housewife's dream...not really anything to do with dishes :)
Best wishes with work and the new schedule.

Pamela said...

wow, I think I will stop complaining about my job and traffic now.