Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Name and a New Title



This is my first post in almost 3 years. The blog has had a bit of a makeover complete with new name and image. The Running Golfer has officially been retired. A New Title has come my way.

You see, I'm going to be a Dad. A Dad... I have to repeat it cos I still struggle to believe it. I never thought I would ever be able to call myself a Dad. God however decided to grant me that title after all these years. I am beyond happy and thankful.

We are 13 weeks pregnant today. 13 Gloriously amazing weeks. Oh and did I mention we are expecting twins? I get choked up just typing it. At this stage we THINK we know the sex of one of our little ones. The other one was very "uncooperative", to quote our doctor, during our 12 week scan. Probably takes after his / her Mom... :)

So the blog is going to have a bit of a change in direction. I hope to post a bit more and take you through my journey as a Dad to be. A journey I am so happy to be able to take.

So it's a New Year, a New Blog, a New Title. Here is what I wrote on Facebook and Instagram yesterday:

There will be no Resolutions this year, although if I'm honest I never really do those. This New Years Eve I am thankful. Thankful for Henry and Charlie who filled such a massive void after the loss of Elvis. I am thankful for a job that I love. I am thankful for wonderful friends and an amazing family, both near and far. But most of all I am thankful for the blessing God gave us in falling pregnant and for blessing us so abundantly and making it twins. Words cannot describe what I am feeling just thinking about it. Lastly, I am thankful for my amazing wife, who has been the one constant for me over the last 14 years. I am not making any resolutions for next year because what I have now is just perfect.


Till next time.

Francois



No comments: