Firstly, a very happy New Year to all of my awesome blogging friends. I really have missed you guys and plan on doing a lot of catching up! Thanks also to everybody who made an effort to stay in touch, it is much appreciated.
The holiday was really cool. We spent the best time with Hayley`s family. It was awesome. I have always worked over the December holidays and have been stuck in the office when everybody spent time on the beach. This year was different and I had as much fun as everybody else. It was great! I got a tan, went to the winefarms and even became a brilliant boogie boarder...
- I ran 2 races with my Father-in-Law and Brother-in-Law. Both 10km`s
- That was the only running I did during the holidays
- I have the stomach to prove it
- On one of these runs, Mark and I were nearly attacked by a deranged 70 year old walker (we participated in a 10km walk and got special clearance from the organisors to run the race as we made it clear we we did not want any prizes. This old gentleman did not want to hear any explanations from the 2 whippersnappers who came RUNNING past him and duly tried to take us out. We were too fast. Eat our dust Mr 70 year old deranged walker)
- We were however beaten (to the finish line) by 3 male walkers and 1 lady
- Yes, we had to eat their dust
- I slammed my fingers in a car door
- It was sore
- No, I`m not 6 years old
- I taught Devon how to "take you down to China Town"
- Hayley and I taught Devon to make the L for loser on his forehead and say "LO-O-O-O-SER" while doing it
- He duly used this new phrase on his older brother Kyle
- I learned all about Ben 10 and how important a Ben 10 watch is to a 4 year old boy
- I gained 3 kilograms in 2 weeks
- I got up at 01:30 in the morning to watch our national cricket side beat Australia for the first time in a test series down under and it was SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
- Finally got to see Quantum of Solace and loved it! (Not as much as Casino Royale but awesome nonetheless)
- Cried a bit when they banged up the Aston Martin in the opening sequence
- Felt much better when the baddies who did it got driven off a cliff
- Went to bed at 23:00 on New Years Eve and missed the new year
- It was exactly what I wanted cos I was really not sad to see 2008 go
- I made no resolutions for 2009
- Saw Graeme Smith, the captain of our national cricket side, come out to bat with a badly broken hand and the whole stadium (full of Aussies) stood up to applaud him
- Biff (his nickname) is DA MAN
Hayley and I are currently enjoying our last few days together in Somerset West. She flies back to Johannesburg on Sunday and starts work there on Monday. I will sort everything out on this side and join her in February. I really hope the month goes very quickly, I don`t like being away from my sweetie.
So there you have it, my first "arb" post of the new year. Hopefully I have many left in me!
God bless Y'all...