Everybody who knows me, knows that there are specific things that I want to do during my lifetime. Some I have been fortunate enough to do and some will probably have to wait a bit longer.
My To-Do list includes sporty things like seeing Man Utd play at Old Trafford - The Theatre of Dreams, enjoying a Boston Redsox game at Fenway Park, watching Roger Federer play anywhere. Or musical things like seeing Collective Soul in concert etc etc. It`s a long list and I won`t bore you with the details.
Some things I will never get to do though, like seeing Eric Cantona play, watching Elvis in concert (don`t laugh!) and seeing Bob Skinstad reach his TRUE potential (I did get to play golf with him, thanks Andre!). Bob is still a LEGEND!
Sitting here though, it suddenly dawned on me how many of the items I have been able to cross off my list.
- Watching the Boks play the All Blacks at Newlands and beat them - Check, August 2005 (and being there to see Andre nail a spectacular dropgoal which in the end was the difference between winning and losing)
- Watching WP play at Newlands - Check, 2008
- Watching Man Utd play - Check, 2006 AND 2008
- Seeing Ryan Giggs, a true United legend, play - Check, 2008
- Seeing Counting Crows in Concert - Check 2008
- Seeing Live in concert - Check 2000 and 2006
- Seeing U2 in concert - Check 1999
- Going to New York - Check 2007
- Watching the New York Knicks play at Madison Square Garden - Check 2007
- Running my first half marathon - Check June 2008
The latest dream "To-Do" came true on Sunday. It was always a dream to go to Hillsong Church in Sydney. Well, I did the next best thing and went to Hillsong Church Cape Town and what an AWESOME experience. Hayley and I were truly blown away by the passion for God. We are really inspired to be the best Christians we can be.
Looking back at the list, it is amazing how blessed I`ve been to have so much of it become reality. What makes it even more special is that I have shared most of it with Hayley. When you get married your dreams are not your own anymore and I am very blessed to have a wife who share my passions.
So, here`s looking at making a lot more dream "To-Do`s" come true.