Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wild girls, wild girls, wild girls.. (sung to the tune of a well known Duran Duran song)

So my wife Hayley and sister-in-law Lindsay are the prim and proper kind of girls. When the family gets together, it is inevitably the rest of us who indulge in the awesome wine that South Africa has to offer and especially my father-in-law`s magnificent wine collection. The two sisters will sit and have a cup `o tea and if they`re feeling really wild, they`ll add a bruscetta. They are wild, wild girls.

Lindsay is the wilder of the two. She is a crazy woman when she gets partying. Two teas will make her do silly things. The girl scares me when she gets into this party mood. Madonna will run and hide.
Here is a photo of her going full tilt at Hayley and my farewell party in Johannesburg last year. Notice how we have to struggle to hold her back.


So with that as background, I was going through some photos the other day and came upon these 2 pearlers. These were taken New Years eve 2004. Mark and Lindsay came over and the four of us had the best time. Mark and I spent the afternoon in the pool and the two girls sat sipping tea and tut-tutting every glass of wine we had. Then, things started changing. The girls got bored with the two of us and our antics and they decided to have a drink themselves. What followed was a blur as I had never seen the golden girls behave like that.

I present to you, The Woolard Girls (or Blues Brothers, not sure yet), tipsy...

9 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh revenge shall be sweet!

The Running Golfer said...

uh oh....

Heather Nicole said...

Haha, I was just thinking...Haley will really appreciate this post! he-he-he. So much for the points you scored on yesterdays post! You two are so funny :)

On a side note, I love todays office quote. After watching that episode my husband & I adopted that quote. So whenever we argue, we always end it by saying "Hug it out Bitch". It makes up both laugh

The Running Golfer said...

Hey Heather! I know, that comment is hilarious! We watched that episode a week or two ago and I thought it was brilliant. Then I saw the quote this morning, I nearly wet myself.

It seems that I have undone some of the good work over the last few weeks but you know what they say, the truth will set you free... HA HA

Ps. I`m a bit nervous about the "revenge" bit...

Heather Nicole said...

ah well, its all in good fun right!
I got your facebook requests. I will approve it when I get home. Facebook website is blocked here at work :(
Have a wonderful day!

The Running Golfer said...

Good stuff!

Miller said...

This is the firestarter! Oh what fun that was. I don't see that side of my tea sipping wife very often, but oh what fun when it does come around.

jenn said...

I was going to ask if you got your wife's permission before you posted this. I'm guessing not. Haha.

The Running Golfer said...

That was indeed the firestarter my bru!!! What an awesome day!!!

Jenn, nope, it was done without permission and I`m sure revenge is gonna be swift and painful... :)